Friday, October 24, 2008

Who Are These People Anyway?

I could have alternatively called this post Why Weight Watchers Isn't for Me, and I might still change it...

One of the pages I have bookmarked on my computer is the Weight Watchers page. I have tried the program no less than 5 times (which will comprise future entries, never fear!), the latest for exactly one meeting...the admin folks there must hate me. But I keep going back because the program is sensible, overall. So I keep the homepage bookmarked and every now and then visit the message boards for recipe and other inspirations.

So the other day I was browsing the web looking for weight-loss inspiration (yes, I should have been working but no, I didn't want to. I'm guessing that doesn't exactly commend me to the boss) and I decided to peek into the Core Weight Watchers message board. I am, in some respects, following a modified Core plan, just without counting any points at all.

As I was clicking around, trying to find some inspiration, I happened up on a message titled "Pesto Core?" Thinking, "hey, I like Pesto, and I like the Core plan," I clicked on it (I also had the smug feeling that I knew the answer - yes! It is!)

It read (and yes, I'm paraphrasing, but I swear I'm not making this up): "I know you're not supposed to eat processed foods on the Core plan, so I'm worried about pesto. All the ingredients I used -- basil, olive oil, parmesan, and pine nuts -- are Core, but then I put them in the food PROCESSOR. I tried not to process it too much and just kept it pretty chunky, but does the fact that I processed it make the pesto non-core?"

Oh my god, people. And my family wonders why I don't do Weight Watchers anymore...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL. That made me smile. Thanks!

About Me

My photo
Virginia, United States
I'm a 30-year-old girl just trying to figure it all out when it comes to life, love, and food.