Monday, October 20, 2008

Monotonous Monday

Does anyone really like Mondays? Ugh. I don't. I sometimes wonder if I liked my job a bit better if I wouldn't have as big a problem with Mondays, but I suspect that is not the case. I think most people prefer the weekend (and, by consequence, the latter half of the week because that means the weekend is approaching) to Monday or Tuesday.

I'm not really sure where I'm going with this. Mostly just babbling. I don't have too much to say today for some reason. Maybe because even though I've eaten extremely healthfully the last three days and was feeling full of vim and vinegar this morning, I'm now feeling kind of lethargic and a bit headachy. It's possibly that TTOM is to blame...last time, before I started the anti-headache diet, I had one of the worst migraines of my life the first day and then smaller headaches the subsequent few days. This time I have not had a migraine and am only now experiencing a small headache. If that's hormonal and unrelated to food, fine. I'll take it, because it's much better than having a migraine and not knowing what else might be causing the headache. If it's that the anti-headache diet isn't working anymore...well, that's a bigger problem (I also had a lot of tomatoes and avocado for lunch today - possibly too much and headache is a result? I'm not supposed to have more than 1/2 a cup per day of either).

I really want to go to the gym this evening despite the headache...it might be a shorter workout, but at least I'll be going. Oh, and tomorrow morning is my weekly weigh-in (it's on Tuesday mornings, stark naked, after I pee but before I eat breakfast or shower - why Tuesdays is a holdover from when I was doing Weight Watchers the time before last and I weighed in on Tuesday evenings. Once I decided to strike out on my own, I decided to keep the Tuesday tradition). Where was I? Oh, tomorrow is the weekly weigh-in, but I don't expect it to be too fabulous for a couple reasons. One, until Friday (2.5 days ago) I was not eating very well and as of the last weigh-in had gone back up to 196 ish pounds. On Saturday I was still 196 ish, so it's possible I will have lost a pound or two of water weight from three days of healthy eating, but if I haven't I won't be surprised. This is partly because, as I mentioned, it's TTOM, and while I don't feel especially bloated, I'm always a pound or two heavier that weigh-in.

So we'll see. I'll report back tomorrow. I'm determined not to be too upset one way or another, though! The only thing I don't want at all is to see that needle creep back up over 200!!! That is my bottom line right now.

TTFN!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Virginia, United States
I'm a 30-year-old girl just trying to figure it all out when it comes to life, love, and food.