Thursday, April 9, 2009

Compulsive Eating

Why? I had a perfectly nice lunch - brown rice pasta primavera and a banana. IT was excellent. But as I was microwaving it, I spied a box of marshmallow-caramel-chocolate-pecan thingies someone had left in the office kitchen. I was starving. Apparently my waffle with 1 T peanut butter and half a banana wasn't enough. So even before I got the pasta out of the fridge, I grabbed one of these thingies, tore open the wrapper, and ate it. It was good. Then I stuck the pasta in the microwave and while it was heating grabbed another chocolate thingy. This one was not as good, not because it was different, but because it was too much gooeyness after the last one. Of course I was immediately struck with horrible guilt and the feeling that I've ruined yet another day.

And this is even after commanding myself to "just chill" on my way down to get my lunch, to be present in the moment and be aware of what I was doing/eating/enjoying.

Didn't help.

The only slightly good news is now I'm too full, so the idea of binging after this slip-up isn't appealing. I just need to chill.

Why do I do this, though???

Oh right, I'm uber stressed (see post above). Argh. I would be able to handle all this life crap so much better if I felt better about my food and my body.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Virginia, United States
I'm a 30-year-old girl just trying to figure it all out when it comes to life, love, and food.