Tuesday, November 4, 2008

If You Squint Your Eyes Really Tightly You Can See It

If you squint your eyes and peer really closely, you can see my loss this past week. Yes, it was that tiny. 0.3 pounds, taking me down to an even 190.0. Ugh. I SO wanted to be in the 180s this week, finally! And I was convinced that I was. The two pairs of pants I bought two weeks ago are falling off of me (ok, I haven't washed them yet, but still!), and I felt like I behaved all week.

But looking back, I guess you could make a case for how I didn't eat 100% well. The fact is, I followed my anti-headache diet to a T, which previously has made for automatic weight-loss. However, I got a little more creative in my cooking endeavors within the restrictions of my anti-headache diet and made two loaves of bread and spare ribs. So I had bread at least once a day every day. I also had the ribs (which were delicious but very fatty) for two meals. And I ate half a box of rice krispies one day. I also think I might be too generous with my use of butter. Finally, I only exercised twice, and neither workout was very vigorous.

So altogether I guess it shouldn't be that surprising that I didn't have a huge loss.

I just need to deal with it better. Getting on the scale and seeing that this morning kind of bummed me out. Then I had to go vote (which is actually a good thing - this country needs serious change - but not the process). I had to wait in line for two hours in the cold, and by the time I got to work I was starving again, breakfast having been three hours previously. So after the disappointment on the scale, the stress of waiting in line, and the hunger, I broke down and got a bacon egg and cheese sandwich. And a donut.

THAT should help with a loss next Tuesday!

Hmph.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Virginia, United States
I'm a 30-year-old girl just trying to figure it all out when it comes to life, love, and food.