Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Another Weigh-In

I haven't updated in a while, but I figure weigh-in day is a good day to try to get back into it. Plus, I get to report a happy weigh-in, which is always a good incentive to write. Would you believe that I finally, finally made it into the 180s??? As of this morning I was 189.4 pounds. I even got on the scale twice to make sure I wasn't imagining things. It said 198.4 both times. Yay!!! I wrote a little while ago about how much I wanted to break the 190 barrier, but despite trying for a couple weeks, I didn't seem to be able to do it. Apparently what I needed to do was stop trying!

Weight loss hasn't exactly been my top priority these last couple weeks. I've had a lot of school work (two tests in four days - totally my fault, though, as I'm a lazy ass who just didn't do any school work until the last minute), family drama, and just general business. The result has been fairly unhealthy eating and a spectacularly unhealthy dose of migraine medications to take care of the massive headaches I got from eating off-plan. The overall result was a gain of another 0.7 pounds to an even 194 last Tuesday. Then this weekend I got my comeuppance. Starting Thursday night I got a massive headache. I took the last of my medication (I can't get another refill for two weeks) but the headache came back the next day and stayed. It's now Tuesday, and the pain has subsided to one throbbing point on the righthand side of my head. Manageable, but still not fun. I think the medication probably caused a rebound effect. Bad medication!

But the result of all this is that starting Thursday night I recommitted to eating my non-headache food. And I'm being really h ard core about it. I'm pretty sure that's what caused the weight loss on the scale this morning. And I have every intention of keeping this up (it's easy to say that when your head still hurts), but it's going to be interesting. In the space of four days I will have three Thanksgiving dinners to go to (well, one was on Sunday, I have another tomorrow night that I'm cooking, and a third one on Thanksgiving itself).

My solution is to make headache-friendly food I can bring. Hopefully it will work. I'll try to report back afterward!

Anyway, for now, I'm just going to celebrate being in the 180s!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Virginia, United States
I'm a 30-year-old girl just trying to figure it all out when it comes to life, love, and food.