Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Depression

I'm depressed today. I'm not sure why. Maybe because I don't have enough to do. Or because I'm anxious and tired. I couldn't sleep last night, maybe because I'm worried about getting a job. Maybe I'm dealing with the consequences of eating healthfully. They say getting out of the food exposes lots of raw emotions and feelings that have been buried under the food for so long. I think you just have to get through it. Try to examine what the feelings are, why you're feeling that way, and what you can do about it. Why am I feeling this way? I think I'm scared I'll be alone forever. I'm stressed about my personality issues. I'm worried about relationships, and I'm stressed about work. But I'm doing what I can right now. I'm waiting to hear back from a potential employer, hopefully by the end of the week. I think I've got a good chance. I need to send out two resumes today. That is my goal. And I need to make a phone call to my current freelance boss about plans going forward. As for relationships, I am working on what I can do, which should make me feel better. I'm working to be healthy and look better, which will make me feel more confident in the long-term to find real love. And in the meantime, there are things I an do to make myself less lonely. Those come with problems too, but I think, on the balance, it is better to do it than not to. As for personality stuff, I'm going to apologize to the people I think they affected last night, when I go exercise with them. I hope that will help. And exercise. That will help me feel better. So I am working on these things. But none of the solutions will help me feel completely better immediately. So the key is not to eat through them, because that will make me feel worse. Even though all I want to do is curl up on the couch and cry. Although not quite as much as I did before I started writing this.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Virginia, United States
I'm a 30-year-old girl just trying to figure it all out when it comes to life, love, and food.