Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Must...get...back...on...track!

I'm not gonna lie, I'm struggling, foodwise, right now. It's been The Summer Without a Measurable Loss for me. Unless you count the 5 pounds I've been losing and then regaining all summer. Right now I'm on the recent-gain end of the spectrum, weight in this morning (it being Tuesday, my weigh-in day) at 196 lbs. It's not tragic. I still weigh 45 pounds less than I did in January, I know exactly how the 5 lbs came on (helllooo, pasta and sugar!), and I know how to take it off. It's just getting myself to buckle down and do it already that seems to have me stymied at the moment.

It's easy to say that you will eat a healthy meal in the next go-round, especially when your stomach is bloated and still groaning from pesto pasta and these amazing apple pouches I discovered at Trader Joe's last night. (They're like mini apple pies, only with a sprinkling of cinnamon and sugar on top. I'm drooling just thinking about them). But then it comes down to it and you really, really want something unhealthy for lunch. Whether that's from boredom at work (does anyone find correcting grammar fun?), anxiety over something (hello, bridesmaid dress plus photos!), or sadness about something (hello, relationship troubles). I've been dealing with all of the above categories for a while now...hence the stress eating.

I guess I just have to try to take it a meal at a time. For now, I've got a big cobb salad for lunch. We'll see how full I am after.

The other good news is it's raining. Which would normally sound like bad news, but it's actually a very big exciting storm, which I enjoy :)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Virginia, United States
I'm a 30-year-old girl just trying to figure it all out when it comes to life, love, and food.