Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Dress Dilemma

I don't know how many of you out there have been in this situation (no, not exactly dire), but I had a dress dilemma yesterday. In fact, I'm still having it. For the wedding rehearsal/rehearsal dinner I'm going to tomorrow, I have a couple different dresses I could wear. One is kind of a crazy jungle print that is VERY low cut and more formal but shows off my back fat, arm fat and the largeness of my butt (and lest anyone think I am exaggerating, I am 5'6" and 190-something at the moment, so yes, I have back fat etc). The other, which I bought yesterday, is cotton, black, and a style that I have seen people wear around town. I.e., not too dressy. I bought some fun costume jewelry to go with it and dress it up, but it doesn't take away the fact that it is made out of cotton. And I'm going to a wedding in Napa. And the bride works in fashion. So not exactly a low-key affair.

The dilemma? I feel so much more comfortable in the black dress because it hides my various flaws and is actually flattering.(And it's a size 14, which is nice, because at this time eight months ago I was wearing a 20). I actually feel pretty in it, which doesn't happen that often, let me tell you. Since I'm going to be spending all of the next day wearing a dress that I don't feel comfortable in at all (the bridesmaid dress of my last post), I figure I might as well wear a dress that makes me feel confident the day/night before.

Does all this make me sound crazy? Probably. Sigh...I'll probably bring both and decide at the last minute.

On a different note, I actually feel like being healthy today for the first time in a while. A trip to visit the parents and the stress over this wedding has resulted in some serious emotional eating in the last couple of weeks. But today I seem to be a bit more zen about it and actually am looking forward to a salad at Cosi. That and getting my hair ripped out by a lady wielding a baton full of hot wax. Sounds like a fun lunchtime, no?

If anyone out there is reading this, just wanted to say hello. And thanks for reading. And if you've ever had a dress dilemma like mine, I'd love to hear your experiences!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Virginia, United States
I'm a 30-year-old girl just trying to figure it all out when it comes to life, love, and food.