Monday, December 1, 2008

Doctors' Scales Are Evil

Happy post-Thanksgiving to one and all. I hope you had as relaxing a holiday as I did. For those of us trying to lose weight, Thanksgiving can be a bit tough, but because of my super-fun headache problems, I did not have too much trouble with overeating this year, despite my required presence at no less than three separate Thanksgiving meals! I mostly ate turkey and carrots and probably had a bit too much of a headache safe apple crumble and a sweet potato casserole I made, but I did exercise all five days of the very long weekend and am still very sore today to prove it.

So I was feeling pretty smug about my success this long holiday weekend until I got on the scale at the doctor's office for my annual. Ugh. 192. I am guessing it is calibrated differently than my scale at home (which gave a glorious reading of 189 last Tuesday). And although it is undoubtedly more accurate than my scale at home, the doctor's office scale has not been recording the changes in my weight. So I shall try not to let that evil scale weigh me down (get it? bad pun) and will wait for the "official" results from my weigh-in tomorrow on my slightly faulty but hopefully much nicer home scale. I'll be sure to report. Is it bad that I've been dreaming of being 185? That would be 4.2 pounds in one week, which is not exactly realistic. But it would put me just into the "overweight" category and out of the "obese" category, which I've been in for so long.

In headache-related news, I'm still headache-free. Which is awesome. I'll say again (mostly for myself), I really do think it's all about the food for me - when I eat according to my diet, I don't get headaches. When I go off the diet, I do. Ugh. On the downside, it's hard to eat this way. On the plus side, it's much, much healthier! (Also, just a side note that I need to add - I keep calling this an anti-headache DIET. It is a diet in the strict sense of the word - in that my particular diet describes how I am eating right now. But I am summarily opposed to being on a traditional diet of cutting calories or certain foods etc. For me, it's about eating healthfully and to satiate. It's something I've been working on for a long, long time, but I don't diet anymore. I can't. It makes me crazy.

That's all for now. I'll report back in tomorrow after my weigh-in!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Virginia, United States
I'm a 30-year-old girl just trying to figure it all out when it comes to life, love, and food.